Geoffrey A. Losee
Phone: (910) 763-3404
Mr. Losee concentrates his practice in litigation defense, primarily in admiralty and maritime law. In addition, during the last 20 years, he has devoted substantial time to real estate matters, from acquisition to development and zoning matters. More recently, Mr. Losee has provided advice and counsel to members of Wilmington’s growing craft brewing industry on matters ranging from permitting to local and federal regulatory compliance. Mr. Losee is certified by the N.C. Dispute Resolution Commission to conduct Mediated Settlement Conferences in Superior Court Civil Actions.
Before joining Rountree Losee, Mr. Losee served as a Surface Warfare Officer in the United States Navy. He retired from the Navy Reserve in 2006 as a Commander.
North Carolina State Bar, 1994
U.S. District Court Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
J.D., cum laude, Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, 1994
B.S., United States Naval Academy, 1985
Honors & Awards
- Listed in The Best Lawyers In America, Admiralty, since 2006
- Featured in North Carolina Lawyers Weekly, Admiralty Article (20NCLW0925)
- Received the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating of AV
- 2015 Corporate American Legal Elite; Best For Alcoholic Beverage & Brewery Law- NC
- 2016 Best Lawyer of the Year, Admiralty- NC