George Rountree III
Phone: (910) 763-3404
Since 1962, Mr. Rountree has engaged in a general practice, focusing on civil litigation, admiralty and maritime law, and commercial transactions. He continues to represent clients in a variety of matters involving admiralty and maritime law, civil litigation, business law, estate planning, and select family law issues. In addition, Mr. Rountree regularly provides general counsel to clients in the automotive, transportation, and pawn industries.
From 1979 to 2015, Mr. Rountree served as the Firm’s Senior Partner, leading the Firm through a period of significant growth and transition. Since 2016, he has assumed the role of Special Counsel, advising clients in all areas of the Firm’s practice, counseling the Firm’s attorneys, and helping to advance the Firm’s key priorities, including business and professional development.
In addition to his reputation as a successful advocate and pillar of the Wilmington legal community, Mr. Rountree is a highly-regarded civic leader and generous philanthropist.
Arizona State Bar, 1960
North Carolina State Bar, 1962
U.S. District Court Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina
U.S. Supreme Court
LLD, University of Arizona College of Law, 1960
B.A., cum laude, University of Arizona, 1955
Honors & Awards
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, since 1995
- North Carolina Bar Association General Practice Hall of Fame, inducted 2004
- The Greater Wilmington Sports Hall of Fame, inducted 2009
- UNC-Wilmington Sports Hall of Fame, Inducted 2010
- John B. McMillan Distinguished Service Award from NC Bar Association, 2011 Recipient
- Received the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating of AV